Hello Moppet Creators!!
So excited to have you make stuff for the Moppet Avatar! Although the Moppet will be Omega Compatible, this notecard will show you how to make your own basic appliers for tattoos, skins, nail polish and underclothing you want to design for your avatar. The more advanced applier instructions are very detailed and can be confusing for those of us who are not all that smart on scripting,.. SOOO I thought I would write something really simple to start with:
Here are step-by-step instructions – have fun!
1) Rez one of the sample prim appliers found in your Creator Kit (there are three samples included)
2) Right click the rezzed prim applier, choose edit and drop the script called “Totsipop touch link/face namer test script” into the contents tab of the rezzed prim applier.
You can drop the script into the prim applier by dragging it from your inventory into the contents tab of the applier when in edit mode.
3) After installing the link/face namer script, tap or left click on the applier in world. If using an applier with more than one button, tap just one of the buttons. Then look in local chat … you will see a link number and face number.
4) Next, go back into your inventory and create new notecard and name it _config (include the underscore) You can do this by right clicking your Moppet Creator kit folder and choosing “new notecard”. You will see a notecard appear in your inventory, name it _config.
5) Now open the new _config notecard you created by double clicking on it in your inventory. Once open, type the link and face number you just saw in chat onto your new _config notecard in this format –
link # :face # : For example 2 : 1 :
6) After the link and face number (on the same line) add a description of what you would like to apply to the Moppet Avi (ie skin, upper tattoo, lower tattoo, fingernails, toenails etc) in this format-
For Example 2 : 1 : skin :
For this example we will be making a skin applier as the Moppet is compatible with any SL skin textures.
7) Go to your inventory and find the texture you want to apply to moppet avi (ie skin head, skin upper, skin lower, upper tattoo, lower tattoo, fingernails, toenails etc). For this example, we are using skin textures. Once you find the texture you want to apply to the Moppet mesh, right-click it in your inventory and select “COPY ASSET UUID”
You will need to copy the UUID of the head texture, upper texture, and lower texture to make the skin applier.
8) Paste the texture’s UUID where it belongs on the line as shown below
2:1:skin:head=(texture UUID)#upper=(texture UUID)#lower=(texture UUID)
It may look like this:
9) Save your new _config notecard
10) Go back to the prim applier you rezzed in world. Right click it, choose edit, contents tab and delete the namer script.
11) Next, drop your new _config notecard into the rezzed prim applier. You can do this by dragging the _config notecard into the contents tab of the applier rezzed in world.
12) After installing your newly made _config notecard into the prim applier, find the script called “Totsipop Moppet Universal Applier Script v3” in your Moppet Creator Kit folder. In the same way, drag this script into the rezzed prim applier.
13) Click on the applier once and wait, click again when you see “click to prepare” in your local chat.
**** To avoid customers breaking the script, the appliers should be provided NO MOD. The script will not let you click to enter apply mode until you have done this! Make any changes that are requested to the permissions to protect your product
14) Once you see the chat saying “apply mode”, take the applier into your inventory – is done!
****Note that the _config notecard you put in the applier is deleted after use. This is to keep your textures safe from copying. The data is stored inside the script, and will stay there when you sell it.
****To avoid customers breaking the script, the appliers should be provided NO MOD. The script will not let you click to enter apply mode until you have done this!